Director of Workforce Development
A Safe Haven, a multi-award winning pioneer and national private public partnership has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Director of Workforce Development. This highly visible role is responsible for identifying, managing and developing training for existing business and industry partners. The position is also charged with grants management, including new grant implementation and program development and relationship building with key stakeholders including government entities, corporate partners, and community based organizations.
- Lead the formulation and implementation of annual, short and long-range plans for workforce development and employer engagement including program planning and assessment
- Develop and implement programmatic and administrative policies and procedures designed to attain program goals and objectives
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local program regulations
- Directs the work of and coaches’ team members to meet and exceed departmental goals
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships with various federal, state and local agencies and community partners
- Organizes and develops training procedure manuals, guides and course materials
- Presents information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lecture
- Effectively conveys the A Safe Haven mission with passion and commitment to a wide variety of people using a variety of platforms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of staffing/placement agency operations, practices and development goals
- Ability to effectively address groups both for training and community education purposes
- Ability to supervise staff, effectively evaluate and motivate staff performance
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with staff, program participants, employers and community partners.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively analyze and report on program data
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Social Services, Education or related discipline is required. Master’s degree strongly preferred,
- 7+years’ Workforce Development program administration and implementation is required
- 5+ years administrative experience including staff management and development, project management and budgeting is also required
- 3+years project management skills also required. Project management certification is a definite plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills