Development Intern – Paid
A Safe Haven is seeking a Development Intern to support a growing development team by helping with marketing, donor management and events. This position will play a key role and gain exposure to all aspects of development in a non-profit setting, setting them up for a career in the non-profit sector. A successful candidate must exhibit a passion for ending homelessness, strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn and contribute on a small but mighty team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Assist in the communications and marketing plan — focusing specifically on digital communications to build awareness within the community.
- Assist with digital fundraising efforts, including drafting social media posts, marketing and more to engage donors on-line
- Interview clients to gain perspective of their journey at A Safe Haven.
- Assist with production of client videos and testimonials
- Assist the Development Associate with donor management tools, including updating Salesforce with new donors and donations.
- Engagement with donors, including sending thank you notes for recent donations.
- Assist with volunteer events, including day-of-support, event logistics and more.
- Assist with ad-hoc development projects, such as corporate relations, donor campaigns, managing and executing fundraising events and more.
- A strong commitment to customer service, proven track record of problem solving, and the ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, high attention to detail and follow-up, and excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn Microsoft Suite and Salesforce.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills with external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Interest in pursuing a career in nonprofit management, donor management, development, marketing, public relations, or similar work required.
- Database or donor management experience, including experience working with and interpreting large data sets to make actionable insights, either in an academic or professional setting.
- Experience volunteering or working at a non-profit before in any capacity, including sorting donations, fundraising, administrative duties, etc.