AmeriCorps VISTA, IT Systems Database Coordinator
Position Title: AmeriCorps VISTA, IT Systems Database Coordinator
Sponsoring Organization: A Safe Haven Foundation, Chicago, IL
Project Name: A Safe Haven Foundation Opioid Intervention
Project Number: 17VSNIL005
Project Period: 07/22/2018 (approximate start date) – 04/11/2020
**AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members focus on indirect service activities. This means they engage indirectly setting up systems, program and procedures with their assigned host site.
Primary: Healthy Futures
Secondary: Capacity Building
VISTA Assignment Objectives and Member Activities
Goal of the Project: The VISTA will serve as part of an intra-agency team studying A Safe Haven Foundation’s (ASHF) model. The project is intended to identify best practices, revise and update policies and procedures, and train staff to implement the updated procedures so ASHF can scale its services and thus better serve homeless individuals in Chicago—particularly those at high-risk for opioid use and abuse, ultimately helping them transition out of poverty by creating greater access to treatment.
Objective of the Assignment (Period of Performance: 07/01/2019 – 06/30/2020)
The VISTA will serve on ASHF’s Information Technology (IT) team, cooperating with administrators and system users on implementation of improvements in our current Electronic Health Records (EHR)AWARDS database. These improvements will result in more efficient administration, tracking and reporting of services, treatment, and recovery provided in opioid substance abuse programs. This VISTA project will facilitate implementation and document Mental Health and Treatment modules in the EHR system. The VISTA will assist with implementation of improved mental health, substance abuse, treatment and other functionalities in the EHR web system by building system documentation, learning the system and preparing and assisting with staff training, and assisting with project planning to improve and increase data accuracy in tracking and reporting of opioid substance abuse treatment results.
- Document the EHR system Data Dictionary with description of data elements.
- Assist with project planning, charting and tracking of tasks in chosen project planning system (e.g. Microsoft Project or similar).
- Learn the improved modules and prepare training courses for existing and new staff.
- Conduct presentations and staff training sessions for EHR modules with improved functionality.
- Help prepare staff practice sessions for familiarity and proper usage of the system.
- Help administer staff tests.
- Collect and check data quality.
- Work with IT and Programs teams on EHR data quality checks and process improvements.
- Provide stats and reports.
AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Training, Relocation Allowance, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health Coverage*
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit:
Terms: This is a full-time service opportunity. This position does not permit working another job during off hours.
If interested please follow this link