AmeriCorps VISTA, Grant Coordinator
Position Title: AmeriCorps VISTA, Grant Coordinator Sponsoring Organization: A Safe Haven Foundation (ASHF), Chicago, IL
Project Name: A Safe Haven Foundation Opioid Intervention Project
Project Number: 17VSNIL005
Project Period: 07/08/2019 (approximate start date) – 07/07/2020
*AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members focus on indirect service activities. This means they engage indirectly setting up systems, program and procedures with their assigned host site.
Primary: Capacity Building
Secondary: Veterans and Military Families
VISTA Assignment Objectives and Member Activities
Goal of the Project: The VISTA will serve as part of an intra-agency team studying A Safe Haven Foundation’s (ASHF) model. The project is intended to identify best practices, revise and update policies and procedures, and train staff to implement the updated procedures so ASHF can scale its services and thus better serve homeless individuals in Chicago — particularly those at high-risk for opioid use and abuse, ultimately helping them transition out of poverty by creating greater access to treatment.
Objective of the Assignment (07/08/2019 – 07/07/2020)
The VISTA will serve on ASHF’s Grants Management team, working alongside the Director of Grants and Grant Writers to pursue and conduct prospect research of various funding opportunities, maintain database of current and potential funders, and coordinate meetings with programmatic staff to determine grant funding priorities to further support operations of
ASHF’s programming efforts.
- Develop understanding and increase knowledge of ASHF and its continuum of care (housing, education, workforce development, substance abuse treatment, behavioral health, life skills, and healthcare)
- Communicate with senior program management to learn and identify funding needs and priorities
- Support grants department with compiling grant proposals and applications for submission
- Routinely perform federal and web-based searches using various outlets to find appropriate opportunities
- Maintain and update funding calendar/schedule (application and reporting deadlines, project timelines, etc.)
- Schedule grant kick-off, close-out meetings with various departments
- Preparing acknowledgement and thank you letters for grant awards from Foundations and Corporations
- Maintain, track, and monitor grants in ASHF’s web-based database, DonorPerfect
- Organize, maintain, and dispose of grant files/records as required in compliance with funder stipulations
- Other duties as assigned
AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Training, Relocation Allowance, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health Coverage*
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit:
Terms: This is a full-time service opportunity. This position does not permit working another job during off hours.
If interested please follow this link