- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have sustained employment for 90 days, and receive $15,850 to $26,400 annually
- Must be receiving SSI (Social Security Income) or SSDI (Social Security Disability Income) or veteran’s benefits.
- Must have currently or previously been homeless.
- Must Participate in the Supportive Services Program (details below)
- Rooms are provided for residents only
- No pets are allowed
- Housing Choice Vouchers are welcome.
Supportive Services Program:
Through the supportive services program, residents also have access to an array of services. Counseling services and weekly forums addressing issues related to substance abuse and addiction are available for those in recovery from alcohol/drug addiction. Computer training instruction helps residents improve employment skills. In addition, assessments of residents’ medical needs are also addressed by providing health screenings, annual flu shots, TB testing, diabetes testing, dental referral and referrals to physicians and specialists.
For more information, please Email email@example.com
The Studios , with its 24-hour security, garden patio, recreation room, and many more amenities and public areas, consists of 170 furnished units each measuring 225 square feet. Rooms start at $405/month, and 60 subsidized rooms are available for eligible residents.
Socialization is important aspect of life at The Studios at 1801 South Wabash. Our Living Well program offers discussions about making choices to lead a healthy, active lifestyle. Activities such as aerobics, bingo, sewing instruction, educational seminars, and art classes are integral components of the Supportive Services Program’s well-rounded curriculum. These and other activities enable residents to confront problems such as self-esteem, anger, depression, and other medical concerns.
For more information about single adult housing, please call Denice Carpenter at (312) 698-4602 or Darlene Roberts at (312) 326-6810. Applications are available at the front desk at anytime.