||Director of Food Services
||This individual will ensure that meals are prepared according to menu plans and instruct staff and residents in food handling, preparation, and service.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Control inventories of food and equipment and report shortages to designated personnel. Purchase or requisition supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Adhere to and train workers in food preparation, service, sanitation, and safety procedures. Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service and complete disciplinary write-ups, as needed.
- Direct activities of one or more workers (cooks, volunteers, and residents that are assigned to kitchen. Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area distribution and cleaning activities. Assist in preparing and serving meals. Wash and sanitize dishes.
- Plan menus, taking advantage of foods in season, local availability, and GCFD Allocation. Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare recipes.
- Cook food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served (batch cooking). Bakes breads and pastries. Cut meat, poultry, and fish
To perform the job successfully, applicants should demonstrate the following skills.
- Knowledge of general principles and approaches for providing food services.
- Knowledge of best practices for team management and supervision.
- Ability to:
- Maintain professional composure in emotional and complex situations.
- Maintain organized workspace and documentation.
- Perform work duties with limited supervision.
- Work in an environment with frequent periods of moderate to loud noise.
- Stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Basic math and accounting skills (for managing inventory, making purchases, and creating recipe estimates).
||AAS, CC certification, or equivalent experience. Education and training in food management, culinary preparation, or food service preferred.
||Food Service Sanitation Certificate required
||2+ years of food service experience. 1+ year of supervisory or management experience.
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.