||Associate Director of Programs
||This individual will engage and assist people experiencing housing insecurity during the COVID-19 health crisis who are residing in hotels, shelters, and other locations. This includes supporting clients as they transition to permanent supportive housing or subsidized housing.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Receive referrals for families and individuals experiencing homelessness through the Expedited Housing Initiative.
- Interpret leasing terminology while disclosing tenancy rights and responsibilities.
- Assist clients with applying or updating applications for subsidized housing.
- Assist clients with leasing process through completion to include setting appointments, traveling, and lease signing.
- Build rapport and positive working relationships with clients, including disengaged participants.
- Use an assertive engagement approach to maintain contact with families and individuals.
- Provide clients with access to resources such as, food, medication delivery services, and cell phones.
- Assist clients with obtaining required documents to complete the intake process.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing and harm reduction strategies to support movement toward housing placement.
- Actively participate in all required meetings, including Accelerated Moving Events.
- Follow up with former participants and resolve any outstanding placement issues.
- Ensure effective communication with clients, providers, landlords, EHI team members, and all other external associations.
To perform the job successfully, applicants should demonstrate the following skills:
- Knowledgeable of housing and social work terminology and principles.
- Experience providing services to clients facing housing insecurity, substance addiction, interpersonal trauma, and criminal justice involvement.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Keyboarding
- Ability to effectively in fast paced environments.
- Ability to remain calm in complex situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicate skills both written and verbal.
- Able to work well independently and in group settings.
Moderate to loud.
Ability to lift 25 pounds.
||Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Social Work or related field preferred.
||Valid driver’s license required.
||1+ or more years of experience in case management, social services, or housing-related field required.
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.