Compliance Property Manager
||Compliance Property Manager
||This individual will be responsible for effectively auditing tenant files.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Perform all duties in accordance with current Section 8, HOME, LIHTC, IHCDA, DOC, City of Chicago, CLIHTF, HUD, and other regulatory and funder requirements. Coordinate with funding agencies for site reviews and inspections. Complete reports as required.
- Complete assessments, evaluations, income calculations, file reviews, and development of operating procedures for Affordable Housing programs, either independently or with a team.
- Manage a monthly portfolio Manages KMA Property Management Real Estate residential properties. Collect, process, and verify documentation as required. Manage annual compliance submissions and review packages for completeness.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of assigned portfolio of projects based on prescribed timeframes. Assesses the operational compliance against regulatory requirements to ensure housing remains affordable, habitable, safe, and sanitary.
- Monitor distribution of rent payments, rent delinquencies, and distribution of notices. Establish payment arrangements for delinquencies as needed.
- Resolve property compliance issues. Coordinate with owner/agents to respond to tenant inquiries or complaints. Maintain a high quality of customer service with clients.
- Maintain documentation in company software system. Complete accurate data entry in Yardi, K Drive and client system of record. Organize files as needed.
- Coordinate people, activities, and available resources in order to maximize the successful operation each property. Professionally develop and support property team members to maximize performance. Assist other staff members and provide staff coverage if needed.
- Work with the upper management on company’s objectives and annual budget. Work with corporate leadership to determine property operating objectives and plans to achieve them.
- Educate program participants, agencies, and the public about affordable housing regulations, policies, and procedures. Participate in ongoing meetings with clients.
|MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May be required to work a flexible schedule, including weekends or evenings.
- May be required to coordinate and negotiate inter-departmental activities or requests such as grant proposal preparation, internal and external audits, etc.
- May be required to travel between agency facilities.
To perform the job successfully, applicants should demonstrate the following skills.
- Knowledge of affordable housing and supportive housing management principles and regulatory requirements. Knowledge of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC).
- Ability to coordinate complex administrative work activities.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, landlords and tenants.
- Ability to effectively manage and respond to emotionally difficult interpersonal and professional situations requiring tact and diplomacy.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications. Intermediate Excel skills required. Ability to learn how to use other software and applications.
||Bachelor’s Degree (BA) required. Master’s Degree in Real Estate preferred.
||Assisted Housing Manager (AHM) or Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) required. Leasing license required.
||3+ years of residential property management or administration of federal or government subsidies.
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.