Case Manager – VOCA (Grant Funded)
||Case Manager – VOCA (Grant Funded)
||Director of Programs
||This individual will help clients eligible for the VOCA Program (Victims of Crime Act) obtain and navigate supportive services.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Provide individualized case management services to clients in the VOCA program. Help clients identify personal goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with clients and provide general support and encouragement.
- Monitor clients’ progress to ensure that their goals and objectives are met, particularly those related to VOCA program requirements.
- Conduct relevant client screenings and assessments, as needed.
- Respond to client personal and interpersonal issues in a professional manner using approved de-escalation techniques. Alert relevant Program Supervisors about clients who are struggling or in distress.
- Research and direct clients to community resources that are appropriate and available to them. Provide basic administrative navigation assistance to clients as designated in their individual service plans.
- Provide therapeutic workshops for clients and facilitate domestic violence group sessions.
- Help ensure that clients are safely discharged to stable housing.
- Write case notes and maintain client files and documentation. Complete required data entry to ensure client files are audit compliant.
- Maintain client confidentiality according to HIPAA and organization requirements.
- Complete all assigned staff trainings and courses.
To perform the job successfully, applicants should demonstrate the following skills.
- Knowledge of general principles and approaches for providing services to clients experiencing housing insecurity, substance addiction, interpersonal trauma, and criminal justice involvement.
- Knowledge of evidence-based and trauma-informed service provision.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Comfortable using patient health databases and completing basic data entry.
- Ability to:
- Maintain professional composure in emotional and complex situations.
- Maintain organized workspace and documentation.
- Communicate information and ideas in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform work duties with limited supervision.
- Work in an environment with frequent periods of moderate to loud noise.
- Stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
||Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
||Successful completion of 40 hours of domestic violence training required within 120 days of hire.
||1+ years of experience in social service provision or case management. Experience working with domestic violence survivors required.
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.