Case Manager – Housing Specialist
Position Title: Case Manager – Housing Specialist
This client focused position is responsible for providing Case Management and Housing location services and assisting those experiencing housing insecurity and homelessness.
- Work collaboratively with families and individuals experiencing homelessness to assist in obtaining independent housing.
- Research and provide clients with appropriate housing opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with landlords and property management companies to identify housing opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate case management documentation is completed as required.
- Effectively write case notes, letters, reports, maintain documentation, and complete required forms.
- Monitor clients’ progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met related to housing needs.
- Partner with property owners/representatives to obtain required documents in support of financial assistance requests.
- View/inspect/evaluate potential housing locations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of HUD and local community programs and resources for clients
- Knowledge and experience in property management and/or leasing
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Talk to others to convey information clearly and effectively
- Ability to travel to various locations on a weekly basis or as required
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less, and 20 feet or more
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feet
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is highly preferred
- 3+years related Case Management with Rapid Rehousing and/or Housing First experience is required.
- Property Management experience and/or Leasing license is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Bilingual ability is a definite plus
- Excellent computer skills Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, E-mail, and Internet are also required
- Previous experience with Case Management software is a definite plus
- Must drive to various locations as required (mileage reimbursement is available
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.