Case Manager- Housing Specialist – Grant Funded – $ 19.95 per hour!!!!
Position Title: Case Manager – Housing Specialist
SIGNING BONUS ELIGIBLE!!!! APPLY TODAY!
This client focused position is responsible for providing Case Management and Housing location services and assisting those experiencing housing insecurity and homelessness.
- Work collaboratively with families and individuals experiencing homelessness to assist in obtaining independent housing.
- Research and provide clients with appropriate housing opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with landlords and property management companies to identify housing opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate case management documentation is completed as required.
- Effectively write case notes, letters, reports, maintain documentation, and complete required forms.
- Monitor clients’ progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met related to housing needs.
- Partner with property owners/representatives to obtain required documents in support of financial assistance requests.
- View/inspect/evaluate potential housing locations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of HUD and local community programs and resources for clients
- Knowledge and experience in property management and/or leasing
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Talk to others to convey information clearly and effectively
- Ability to travel to various locations on a weekly basis or as required
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less, and 20 feet or more
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feet
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is highly preferred
- 3+years related Case Management with Rapid Rehousing and/or Housing First experience is required.
- Property Management experience and/or Leasing license is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Bilingual ability is a definite plus
- Excellent computer skills Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, E-mail, and Internet are also required
- Previous experience with Case Management software is a definite plus
- Must drive to various locations as required (mileage reimbursement is available)
Are you seeking a competitive total compensation package?
A Safe Haven offers a comprehensive Employee Benefit Package that includes Medical coverage through through the AETNA network of providers!. Dental coverage through Guardian and Vision coverage through VSC! Free life insurance coverage and no to low cost Long Term/Short Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Disability coverage and Flexible Spending Accounts. We also offer affordable Supplemental Life Insurance options and many more exciting benefit options!!! Save for your future by enrolling in the 401K Savings program!
We offer 8 paid holidays and generous Paid Time Off benefits!
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.