Case Manager – Housing Specialist (Grant Funded)
||Case Manager – Housing Specialist (Grant Funded)
||Associate Director of Programs
||This individual will work with clients and families in the Rapid Rehousing II program to help them find and obtain stable housing.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Work collaboratively with families and individuals experiencing homelessness to help them establish housing goals and obtain independent housing.
- Research and provide clients with appropriate housing opportunities.
- Assist clients with navigating the administrative bureaucracy surrounding housing, such as obtaining necessary paperwork and completing required applications and forms.
- Establish and maintain relationships with landlords and property management companies to facilitate better identification of available housing opportunities.
- Ensure required case management documentation and forms are completed.
- Create case notes and monitor clients’ progress to provide support and ensure their housing goals are met.
- Work with property owners and representatives to obtain required documents in support of financial assistance requests.
- View, inspect, and evaluate potential housing locations to ensure they are well-maintained and appropriate for client habitation.
To perform the job successfully, applicants should demonstrate the following skills.
- Knowledge of general principles and approaches for providing services to individuals and families experiencing housing insecurity, substance addiction, interpersonal trauma, and criminal justice involvement.
- Knowledge of HUD programs, resources, opportunities, and regulations.
- Knowledge of local community programs, resources, opportunities, and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in property management and/or leasing.
- Ability to travel to various locations on a weekly basis (mileage reimbursed).
- Strong coordination, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Keyboarding.
- Ability to remain calm in crisis, hostile, or disaster situations.
- Able to work well independently and in group settings.
- Spanish and/or Polish bilingual ability preferred.
Moderate to loud.
Ability to lift 25 pounds.
||Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred.
||Leasing license or comparable property management experience.
Project Management Certificate preferred.
||3+ years of case management experience with Rapid Rehousing, Housing First, or other federal housing program required.
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.