Position Title: Outreach Worker/Driver – Day for Change – This is a Grant Funded program
Purpose:The Outreach Worker will assist the Case Manager with implementation of assigned functional aspects of case management, which includes data collection, computerized tracking, and reporting on various outcomes.
- Provide assistance to clients as designated in the individual service plan
- Prepare confidential information for referral to service providers
- Conduct follow-up activities as assigned by Manager
- Gather and organize data for required reports
- Assist in data entry for computerized client tracking
- Work with residents and management to maintain the building and health standards, through conflict resolution and education
- Communicate incident and crisis to supervisor in a timely manner and work with property manager to assure the problems do not affect building
- Monitor environment at all times, be aware of surroundings
- Help manage crowds and surroundings
- May be asked to work late during busy periods to ensure completion of duties
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing social services to clients
- Ability to make sound judgment calls
- Ability to effectively and positively communicate with staff and residents of the organization
- Ability to effectively write case notes, letters, reports, maintain documentation and complete required forms so others will understand
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude during difficult and high stress times
- Knowledgeable about community programs and resources for clients
- Talk to others to convey information clearly and effectively
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
- Ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less, and 20 feet or more
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent periods of moderate to loud noise
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ year related experience required.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License and Excellent Driving record
- In order to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the job, one must possess the following computer and program skills: Microsoft Office, database programs, e-mail, telephone, fax machine, and Internet.
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.