FOOD SERVICE – COOK
Summary: The Food Service Department Cook will perform the followig duties along with supervisor and instruct staff and residents in food handling, preparation, service, sanitation, safety, and storage; or function as a shift supervisor, ensuring that meals are prepared timely and according to planned menus, and performs the following duties listed below.
- Cooks food stuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served; batch cooking.
- Washes and sanitizes dishes (cups, flatware, pots, pans, utensils, etc.)
- Bakes breads and pastries.
- Cuts meat, poultry and fish.
- Plans menu taking advantage of foods in season and local availability and GCFD Allocation.
- Serves meals as required.
- Orders supplies and keeps records and accounts.
- Directs activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma and/or GED, one year of experience with similar populations
MUST HAVE CURRENT CHICAGO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH LICENSE WITH A MINIMUM OF SIX MONTHS TO EXPIRATION REMAINING.
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.