Position Title: Administrative Assistant – Day For Change Program
Purpose: Responsible for initiating and coordinating the clerical and administrative functions required for the Day For Change Program.
This is a grant funded position.
- Performs administrative support activities for Assoc.Director and workforce team.
- Answer calls, responds to inquiries and receives/directs visitors.
- Prepares complex documents using a wide variety of software applications, documents include reports, presentations, spreadsheets, charts etc.
- Review and enters data in a fast and accurate manner.
- Effectively communicates with a wide variety of internal and external partners.
- Conducts targeted Internet research abilities.
- Draft reports as requested and assure reports are completed on time and in compliance.
- Perform typing and transcription duties as required.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Associates degree preferred, High School Diploma/GED required.
- Demonstrated passion to work with youth and vulnerable adults.
- Two years of administrative/clerical experience required.
- 1+ years’ experience recruiting and working with opportunity youth required.
- Leadership, perseverance, and strong communication (verbal and non-verbal) skills are required.
- Strong academic (writing, preparation, presentation, research) and cognitive (reasoning, problem-solving and remembering).
- Demonstrated ability to operate mobile devices as well as computer applications, hardware, and explore the internet is required.
- Trained in Trauma Informed Care or Trauma Intervention and Cultural Competence are preferred.
- Strong graphic design skills a definite plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized
- Ability to effectively communicate with different personalities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to be a self-starter who is flexible and thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to accurately deal with difficult dictation
- Ability to perform difficult typing duties
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent periods of moderate noise
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization
- In order to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the job, one must possess the following computer and program skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, e-mail, and internet
If interested, please fill out the application form on our Careers page.